Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a category of business management software that a business uses to collect, store, manage and interpret data from the businesses’ various activities such as product planning, manufacturing, marketing, sales, inventory management, shipping and payment. Cloud based ERP is an approach which makes use of cloud computing platforms and services for business process management. UXC Eclipse is a global ERP & CRM software implementation partner delivering a choice of intelligent business solutions. Using cloud based systems has replaced its predecessor, on-site ERP solutions, which are locally installed on the company’s hardware and servers and managed by the company’s IT staff.
Cloud based ERP beats the on-site ERP system on the following counts:
Cloud-based ERP has much lower initial costs as compared to on site systems. In a cloud based system a company needs to simply implement the software to its requirements and then it can access the system through an internet connection. The hosting and maintenance of the IT infrastructure is the responsibility of the service provider. The provider is also responsible for ensuring that the system is functional and data secure for a pre-decided fee.
Upgrades and enhancements:
The ERP service provider is also responsible for continually upgrading the ERP software. The company needn’t worry about constant upgrades and enhancements of the system. The cloud platform enables cloud applications such as ERPs to be automatically integrated.
Cloud ERP is believed to deliver better performance than on-site solutions. Cloud software architecture is designed for maximum network performance, which translates into better and more efficient application availability in comparison to traditional on-site ERP systems. Further, cloud-based ERP solutions provide real-time data that can be accessed from anywhere anytime 24X7 through the Internet. It provides enhanced accessibility for the employees on the move through their mobile devices and smartphones.
Speed of deployment is much higher for cloud based ERPs as these systems do not need any additional hardware. The company can thus save money and time for identifying, procuring and installing the required IT infrastructure. Given that cloud ERP can be accessed anywhere anytime it is easier to scale up to other divisions, subsidiaries and regions without any additional costs. Cloud ERP systems take 3-6 months for deployment as compared to one year in the case of on-site solutions.
The services of a financial lawyer can be of great value to all businesses through the various stages of their development and growth. Financial lawyers either have broad industry level knowledge or may have specialised in any one of the following practices, namely, banking, project finance, private equity finance, etc. Steinpag AFSL Financial Lawyers is a Perth based law firm that offers specialised and comprehensive advice on a range of corporate, energy and resources and commercial matters. Depending on your businesses’ needs you could choose a financial lawyer with the required specialisation.
An entrepreneur setting up a new business venture can benefit immensely from hiring a financial lawyer as the latter can guide the process of setting up of the business. He / she can also advise on how best to structure the business – whether it should be a limited liability company, a limited partnership or any other type of business. The financial lawyer can also provide inputs related to appropriate documentation required while setting up a business.
Once a business is set up and operational, financial lawyers can assist with compliance matters and provide regulatory solutions to help keep the business running smoothly. Further, any business seeking to buy other companies, wanting to finance new ventures or planning to undertake restructuring would benefit greatly from hiring the services of a financial lawyer.
Businesses needing legal advice on corporate and finance related disputes would also need to hire a financial lawyer to work towards its resolution. Financial lawyers also may need to represent their clients in court and would be questioning experts, cross-examining witnesses, providing supporting evidence and making closing arguments.
Project financing is another niche area for a financial lawyer. Whenever funding is sought for a large infrastructure project (such as a power plant, an expressway, etc.) the financial lawyer provides legal advice to companies wanting to raise money for the project on one hand and to banks / financial institutions lending to them on the other hand. The main role of the financial lawyer is to get the lenders comfortable with the risks. They work towards integrating appropriate safeguards in project agreements and documents, as is legally and commercially possible, to ensure that the lenders are repaid in a timely manner. The financial lawyers also scrutinise the project documents, insurance documents and other documents related to setting up of the project bank accounts.
Entrepreneurs, today, face a wide variety of complex legal challenges and must consider having an attorney as a part of their team from the early stages of their business. Unfortunately, most businesses put off hiring an attorney until they run into some dispute or face litigation.Cardinal Litigation + Dispute Resolution offers strategic commercial litigation and dispute resolution services to domestic and international clients across a range of industry sectors.
Businesses are not immune to disputes and these can arise at any time over a wide variety of issues and involving different stakeholders such as consumers, suppliers, partners and employees. Since resolving a dispute can take a lot of time and effort it may be wise to hire the services of an attorney while you continue to focus on your business. While some business disputes can be easily resolved through discussion and informal negotiation between parties, others are more complex and need to be resolved through a formal process where the services of an attorney become indispensable.
To get the best legal advice and representation, it is important to hire the right lawyer. The most important skills and attributes to look for while hiring an attorney are:
• Experience of dealing with similar disputes: An attorney’s experience of handling similar cases / disputes is of paramount importance. While interviewing the attorney ask him / her about the number of cases of similar nature he / she may have handled in the recent past. Additionally, if you find him / her to be weak in a particular aspect connected with your dispute, ensure that he/ she is well connected with someone else who can come in at the right time to provide the required inputs.
• Communication skills: It is very important that the attorney communicates well and in a simple language. He / she must be willing to take the time to educate you and your staff about the legal dimensions of the dispute and its ramifications on the business. He / she should be able to tell you the provisions of the law and how it affects your position in the dispute.
• Accessibility: The attorney must be easily accessible. Preferably, he / she should be in the same geographical area and easily accessible either in person or over the phone / email.
• Cost: The fees and other charges quoted by the attorney must be acceptable to you.
As the old saying goes “You are what you eat”. Eating “right” is important for maintaining your weight and for remaining healthy. For working professionals, lunch – the main meal of the day, is at their workplace and one must consciously chose a healthy option. Eating out every day is not only expensive but also very unhealthy. There are a number of outlets that offer Home Corporate Catering
Processed and restaurant made food has a lot more calories, oil and salt than is required by the human body. Eating packaged foods is best avoidable as it takes it’s toll over a period of time. Preparing your lunch at home, bringing it with you to work and sharing it with colleagues is a great way to making your workplace healthier. The following are some healthy lunch options:
- Whole wheat sandwiches are a good option. Instead of the regular Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) sandwich add a bit of creamy avocado flavoured with garlic and basil.
- Curried Tofu Salad is a vegetarian version of the classic curried chicken salad and goes very well with whole wheat toasted bread.
- Red kidney bean burrito is your regular burrito in which the meat filling has been replaced by the delicious, nutritious and protein laden kidney beans.
- Moroccan chickpea and basmati rice pilaf is a dish which can be enjoyed in dinner and the left overs can be taken for lunch.
- Creamy Avocado and white bean wrap is a tangy spicy lunch option. The wrap has white beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with some cheddar cheese and onion as its filling.
- Mushroom and Lemongrass chicken stir fry has chicken marinated in lemongrass and other spices along with loads of mushrooms. It is relatively easy to make and if you make the preparations at night you can assemble this dish fairly quickly.
- Vegie pie with polenta is a vegetarian version of the Shepherd’s pie. It has adelicious vegie-filling and can be made for dinner and leftovers frozen for next day’s lunch.
- Sweet potato and asparagus frittata is a quick and easy lunch option, which can be eaten hot or cold!
- A fruit bowl with preferably fresh, locally grown fruits. The main advantage is that there is no need for cooking.
- Dry fruits