As the old saying goes “You are what you eat”. Eating “right” is important for maintaining your weight and for remaining healthy. For working professionals, lunch – the main meal of the day, is at their workplace and one must consciously chose a healthy option. Eating out every day is not only expensive but also very unhealthy. There are a number of outlets that offer Home Corporate Catering
Processed and restaurant made food has a lot more calories, oil and salt than is required by the human body. Eating packaged foods is best avoidable as it takes it’s toll over a period of time. Preparing your lunch at home, bringing it with you to work and sharing it with colleagues is a great way to making your workplace healthier. The following are some healthy lunch options:
- Whole wheat sandwiches are a good option. Instead of the regular Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) sandwich add a bit of creamy avocado flavoured with garlic and basil.
- Curried Tofu Salad is a vegetarian version of the classic curried chicken salad and goes very well with whole wheat toasted bread.
- Red kidney bean burrito is your regular burrito in which the meat filling has been replaced by the delicious, nutritious and protein laden kidney beans.
- Moroccan chickpea and basmati rice pilaf is a dish which can be enjoyed in dinner and the left overs can be taken for lunch.
- Creamy Avocado and white bean wrap is a tangy spicy lunch option. The wrap has white beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with some cheddar cheese and onion as its filling.
- Mushroom and Lemongrass chicken stir fry has chicken marinated in lemongrass and other spices along with loads of mushrooms. It is relatively easy to make and if you make the preparations at night you can assemble this dish fairly quickly.
- Vegie pie with polenta is a vegetarian version of the Shepherd’s pie. It has adelicious vegie-filling and can be made for dinner and leftovers frozen for next day’s lunch.
- Sweet potato and asparagus frittata is a quick and easy lunch option, which can be eaten hot or cold!
- A fruit bowl with preferably fresh, locally grown fruits. The main advantage is that there is no need for cooking.
- Dry fruits